So, you’re 29, scared to death of turning 30? Do not fear, we have beauty tips that every 29 year old woman should know. These simple ideas will ensure you stay as young looking as you are now!
1) Don’t forget your neck. You probably learned from an early age to use skin-loving creams, lotions and serums on your face, but did you know that the neck is the first area to show age?
2) Start facial exercises. Anyone over 25 should be doing facial exercises. Just as people exercise their biceps, triceps, quads, abs and more at the gym, so should they exercise the muscles of the face and neck – it just makes total sense. And, a Northwestern University study published January 3, 2018 in the journal JAMA Dermatology proves that facial exercise works! Our Facial Magic system also includes exercises for the neck, so you have 1 and 2 covered!
3) Blend your makeup. So many young women don’t realize that foundation doesn’t just blend into the skin by itself. That’s what makeup sponges are for. Be sure to extend the makeup past your jawline and down your neck for an even, smooth look.
4) Use your sunscreen daily. As dermatologist Ranella Hirsch explains, “You can prevent so much more than you can treat.” Sunscreen is the first defense against wrinkles and fine lines.
5) Check for grays. Believe it or not, gray hair starts in the 30s. Don’t panic if you see some grays sprouting. Don’t pluck them out! There are plenty of easy-to-use, effective gray-covering touch up products available on the market. Just search online and get about eight million results!
6) Exfoliate. Did you know you get a “new skin” just about every 30 days? In your 20s your skin is making lots of new cells, but in your 30s the cell turnover is slower, which could lead to dry, dull, flaky skin Exfoliating with reveal the new skin underneath and keep you glowing and young looking.
7) Avoid sugar. “Balance your diet; consume more greens and less sugars and caffeine! Sugars increase the effects of aging and can also worsen skin conditions like acne and rosacea. It activates inflammation and binds to the collagen – making the skin rough,” says Dr. Om Prawarisa, founder of OM skincare.
8) Be kind to your brows. If eyes are the “windows to the soul,” then eyebrows are like window treatments. Just as window treatments beautify a room, lovely eyebrows can make your whole face look better. Keep them groomed and shaped.
9) Stop worrying. We do a lot of worrying in our 20s. We worry about what we “should” or “shouldn’t” be doing. We worry about what other people think. We worry about who said what to whom. Worrying could have a negative effect on your health making you tired and stressed, and causing premature aging.
10) Lose the dark circles. Dark under-eye circles are caused by a variety of circumstances. They could be the result of lack of sleep, too much alcohol, genetic predisposition, medications, allergies and more. Sometimes, there is only one solution – under-eye concealer. But Facial Magic facial exercise system has several eye exercises that can help the under-eye area look better.