The cold winter months can be absolutely devastating to your skin! Here are 7 tips to winterize your skin.
1) Dry brush regularly. Dead skin can easily accumulate under black sheer stockings and ankle length slacks. Even your upper arms can develop little bumps indicating that exfoliation is needed. Start at your feet and brush in long upward strokes. After dry brushing your legs, move to your torso and then each arm. Yes, you can dry brush your face and neck but make certain your skin is clean and dry before you begin.
2) Use Epsom Salt scented with essential oils once a week in your bath. Epsom Salt in your bath will ease pain and inflammation, migraine headaches, alleviate stress and basically detox your body. Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to your bath and soak for 30 minutes.
3) Drinking alcoholic beverages can rob your skin of moisture and hydration. Decrease drinking adult beverages at night and opt for herbal teas to enhance your skin.
4) Treat yourself to a pedicure. Our feet can become cracked and dry. Calluses and toenails need regular attention especially if you are diabetic.
5) Keep rich, moisturizing lotions in your bathroom, your car and at your desk. The very moment you pop out of the shower, lightly dry off but reach for the body butter and use it generously over your legs, torso and arms. After each bathroom break, treat your hands with lotion to keep them supple throughout the winter.
6) If you drive, keep the heater vents pointed at your feet so that the dry air does not hit you in the face.
7) Nighttime hydration after cleansing is important because your body regenerates at night. Slather serums then moisturizers nightly before bedtime. Place a one-inch piece of “office tape” vertically over your elevens before you drift into dreamland. You’ll wake looking refreshed.