a vibrant Facial Magic devotee
An article by Carol Stanley, a Facial Magic Devotee
Boosting Energy as we Get Older
It is a challenge to stay in good shape, have lots of energy and not to succumb to laziness as we age. Let’s face it things start to change with our bodies and energy levels as our lives are changing around us. It takes lots of commitment to staying in shape and keeping your enthusiasm about life.
There are a few things we can control.
1. Our eating habits
2. Our facial and body care (Facial magic huge here)
3. Always having interesting activities to look forward to.
4. Exercising—whatever your level of comfort
I decided a long time ago that I wanted to wake up and feel good every day. As we know there are no magic bullets to do this, and life does step in from time to time. I have spent many hours reading articles (from reliable sources) and writing for several internet sites about diet, health and exercise. There is way too much information out there about what you should do to stay beautiful and healthy, and you really have to TRUST your sources. It is easy to get caught up in promises of wrinkles disappear, flat tummies, great energy by taking a pill. Before I recommend any diet or exercise protocols I check with at least 5 reliable sources.
I will not reveal my age but I am a ways into the senior years. We ride bicycles daily and often do the hills for extra endurance. I am a slim size 6 at 5ft 6in. We eat healthfully 95% of the time. I weigh 125 pounds, and I am not “naturally” slim as I work at it. I also am working on a new business (that gets me going every day). And believe it or not I have a flat tummy.
Here are a few of the things we do daily to stay in good shape and feel good.
1. Selected supplements to support what we need. In other words a multiple vitamin often has not enough
2. Be religious about what health measures you decide to follow up with, and do them EVERY DAY.
3. Try to eat at least 90 percent of your diet with food that has no labels. Fresh is the word. What comes in packages and cans have hidden preservatives and stuff your body doesn’t need.
4. Eating healthy does not cost more money but can take a little bit more time.
5. Snack on a lot of fruits and veggies
6. If you are able work out with weights use them everyday. I work out with the weights while I am on the computer. For me sitting down takes the stress off my back. Any weight size will do…even for ten minutes. Keep your bones strong.
7. Take care of your skin and always wear sunscreen. I make my own with zinc oxide and coconut oil.
8. Exercise by doing something you love, and do it at least three days a week.
9. Keep busy with things you love to do.
10. Don’t let getting older stop you from making new friends.
11. Oil pulling is wonderful and over 2000 years old as a way of staying healthy. Swish a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth for 5-10 minutes and watch your teeth whiten and totally rid your mouth of all bacteria. Good for your teeth and your cardiovascular system.
12. Remember to be grateful for all you have.
I could go on and on about what we do everyday. Again remember do one new thing at a time and do it everyday.
About Carol Stanley
"First and foremost I am a painter, and can spend hours splashing in the paint. I have authored three books (one best seller according to the numbers sold). One of many passions in life is staying healthy. I have written over 1000 articles for various sites on health and nutrition. Waking up everyday feeling good is the most important goal in life. I am currently painting wearables and creating “wall art” on totes, tee shirts, jeans and hats. instagram.com/caroleetotebags " - Carol