Tiramisu seems to be quite the favorite of most dessert lovers. The rich, creamy sweetness melts in your mouth and the slight taste of coffee and rum soaked lady fingers tickles the taste buds making you want more, more, more. Most men I know love this dessert. The fact that you make it makes you look so cute and adorable in their eyes.
Finding lady fingers out here in the country is a big zero – thankfully, Whole Foods stock them all year.
Here are the ingredients:
3 c. heavy whipping cream
2 c. powdered sugar
16 oz mascarpone cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 c. light rum
1 c. black coffee (I use espresso)
3 pkg lady fingers
4 Tbsp shaved chocolate
- Whip the cold cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, 1 tsp rum and the mascarpone cheese
- Whip until stiff peaks form
- Pour the rest of the rum into the black coffee that has been cooled slightly.
- Line a 9 x 13 rectangular pan with the lady fingers on the bottom.
- Brush the lady fingers liberally with the coffee mixture. Only brush a small amount of the coffee mixture over the lady fingers that are on the outside of the pan.
- Carefully place 1/3 of your cream mixture over the lady fingers.
- Add another layer of lady fingers brushed with the coffee and rum mixture.
- Add another 1/3 layer of cream mixture over the lady fingers.
- Add the last of the lady fingers brushed with the coffee mixture.
- Follow with the rest of the cream mixture.
- Sprinkle the chocolate over the finished product and place into the refrigerator overnight.
I like to make this dish in a glass 9 x 13 pan. The dessert makes for a fine presentation that everyone will enjoy.